keaimato

Canadian, U.S., and international politics; and life in general. Heck, whatever strikes my fancy...

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Election 2004 revisited

I just finished watching a CBC (ugh) special on election 2004, and I found myself reliving some of the emotions, the disappoinment, and the sense of lost opportunity. I also realized how dishonest the Liberals were during the campaign. There was a classic shot of Martin in front of a background with the catchphrse "Shorting Waiting Times"; remember how the Liberals were going to fix healthcare for a generation? Right. There was the sharp turn leftward at the end. The demonization of economic ideas they would eventually adopt as their own (again). And then the push Martin made at the end while Harper stayed in Alberta. And the agony of election night. Why do I mention all this? I think my interest in Canadian politics is growing even as my interest in US politics wanes. I guess we'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home