keaimato

Canadian, U.S., and international politics; and life in general. Heck, whatever strikes my fancy...

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Decision making

This just in: opting out of missile defense wasn't very bright. It will have long term consequences, none of them positive for Canada. And for what? Short term political gain. Very short term. Come to think of it, has this government made any decisions on non economic issues that weren't easy in the short term and bad in the long term? Think healthcare, equalization, missile defense, marriage, Iraq... And there is this from Paul Wells:
I had lunch with a foreign diplomat today. He asked a lot of questions. Taken in sum, he was begging me to explain this government in rational terms, because he was completely at a loss. I said, "If you want me to make sense of this government, I'm afraid you've invited the wrong guy to lunch."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home