keaimato

Canadian, U.S., and international politics; and life in general. Heck, whatever strikes my fancy...

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The Canadian Budget #2

Now that I've had a chance to think about it a bit, I've got a few more thoughts:
  • Stephen Harper (Conservative leader) said he's happier than he thought he was going to be, and that he's pleased. The NDP spokesperson said she thinks the liberals have sold out and are in bed with the conservatives. That is a good sign.

  • I'm impressed with both Finance Minister Ralph Goodale and President of the Treasury Board Reg Alcock when it comes to internal spending reviews and fiscal discipline. This budget could have been so much worse.

  • I still have a number of complaints (surprise): no EI reduction, not enough income tax reduction, nor are the reductions coming in soon enough, and the child care money isn't coming as a tax cut for all parents with young children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home