keaimato

Canadian, U.S., and international politics; and life in general. Heck, whatever strikes my fancy...

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Trouble in Iggyland

His campaign co-chair has resigned over comments he made about Israel committing war crimes in southern Lebanon. 

In an interview broadcast Sunday on Quebec talk show "Tout le monde en parle", the Liberal leadership frontrunner apologized for telling the Toronto Star in August that he was "not losing sleep" over an Israeli air strike that killed dozens of Lebanese civilians in the village of Qana on July 30.

"I showed a lack of compassion. It was a mistake and when you make a mistake like that, you have to admit it," he said in French.

"I was a professor of human rights, and I am also a professor of the laws of war, and what happened in Qana was a war crime, and I should have said that."

For more of what happened in Qana, see the wikipedia entry and references.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home