keaimato

Canadian, U.S., and international politics; and life in general. Heck, whatever strikes my fancy...

Monday, September 11, 2006

The Road to 9/11 Part 2

So the second part wasn't nearly as good as the first.  Maybe because it was looking at the Bush administration, or maybe because I thought I was watching the Richard Clarke show.  The former counter terrorism "tsar" is now a consultant to ABC, and by the looks of it, helped write the script.  Apparently he was the only one who was serious about terrorism, and was actually put in charge of things on the actual day.  Right. The other major annoyance was the actor they got to play Dick Cheney - he was old enough to be Dick Cheney's father, or maybe grandfather.  The guy's not 85!
 
But the ending was solid, with lots of actual footage.  Seeing the second plane hit again brought back a lot of memories, as did seeing the towers collapse. 
 
I'm pretty sure I didn't understand the significance of the events that day, but I'm also sure that it has shaped me and my views.  It was one of those monumental days in human history, like the falling of the Berlin wall, or maybe even the attack on Pearl Harbour. 
 
This is our generation's fight.  We didn't ask for it, but like other wars from other times it was thrust upon us.  We must not back down.
 
And we must win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home