keaimato

Canadian, U.S., and international politics; and life in general. Heck, whatever strikes my fancy...

Monday, September 11, 2006

The Road to 9/11

The 5 hour ABC movie based at least in part on the 9/11 commission report has been very controversial.  Former President Bill "I did not have sex with that women, Ms Lewinski" Clinton and some officials have been up in arms over scenes that make them look paralysed by indecision.  And considering the movie was made my a major US network, I figured it would be soft on the 1990s and espcially on every liberals' favorite president.

So I was pleseantly suprised at how much I enjoyed watching the first three hours (sans commercials!).  It was fast paced, edgy, politically incorrect, and fun to watch.  The movie pulled together all of the events from the 1993 attempt to bring down the World Trade Towers to 9/11/2001.  It chronicalled the attempts to find the major terrorists the US government knew about, and the breaks and hard work that led to arrests.  And it highlighted the failures and lack of clarity that permeated the efforts. 

I'm looking forward to the conclusion tonight, which is of course the 5 year anniversary.  I'll probably have more to say then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home