keaimato

Canadian, U.S., and international politics; and life in general. Heck, whatever strikes my fancy...

Friday, August 18, 2006

Score another one for the UN (or "I'm going to die from that surprise")

"Hezbollah and the army are united. We are one," the Lebanese military sergeant said, declining to give his name because he was not authorized to speak to the media. "I will tell you the truth. My brother is in Hezbollah, so why would I want to take his weapon?

"We couldn't do it even if we wanted to. Hezbollah is stronger than we are."
 
Virtually nobody in this country thinks the Lebanese army is up to the task assigned to it under UN Resolution 1701. Even the Lebanese government has said its troops will only ask Hezbollah not to carry their weapons around in public. - ottawa citizen
 
How often do you have to be burned when trusting in the UN before you give up all together?  Seriously, I'm asking...how many times, for how many years?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home