keaimato

Canadian, U.S., and international politics; and life in general. Heck, whatever strikes my fancy...

Thursday, March 02, 2006

McKenna hammers Martin

Maybe he will get in to the Leadership race after all, perhaps in the fall.  Why else would be raise this issue, and thus distance himself from the stench of failure, I mean Paul Martin?

"The United States seems very prepared to have us be assertive for Canadian interests and they really respect us when we stand our ground on matters. But when we are judgmental and almost sanctimonious, I find they take offence, and quite rightfully so," McKenna said.

"I don't think [Canadians] buy into the idea of gratuitously being offensive. If I had to speculate, I would say that playing that card during the election was not helpful at all to the electoral prospects of the people doing it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home