keaimato

Canadian, U.S., and international politics; and life in general. Heck, whatever strikes my fancy...

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Selling out

Belinda Stronach has crossed the floor for a cabinet post. I am enraged. I have no words. Actually I have lots of words, but I need to calm down. More here, here, and here. UPDATE - Two questions:
  • Why do so many former leadership contenders join the Liberals? BS joins Keith Martin and Scott Brison on the other side...
  • Why is the vote buying campaign working? The Liberals have managed to announce money all over the country, buying votes or at least time, and now this is the icing on the cake - potentially. The math is still unclear, because Kilgour and Cadman have still not announced their intentions, and likely wont.

More: choice quotes here and here, commentary here and here. Warren Kinsella is beginning to grown on me...

And finally, the quote of the day:

Its the story of a woman who cares so much about Canada that she is willing to sacrifice all kinds of personal relationships and her principles just so she can get to Cabinet for the benefit of all Canadians. And why not? I mean the Liberals really value her for her ideas. No, seriously. --Monte Solberg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home