keaimato

Canadian, U.S., and international politics; and life in general. Heck, whatever strikes my fancy...

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Restoring my faith

I guess I had really low expectations, but the public funeral for the 4 RCMP officers gunned down last week was an uplifting and thouroughly Christian event. The commissioner read scripture, and the father of one of the officers, a pastor, shared the gospel and his son's testimony. After the tepid 9/11 ceremony in Ottawa, I expected a lot of empty but nice sounding words. I'm glad I was least partly wrong. Tom Jackson sang an empty and emotionless Amazing Grace. And the chaplain's eulogy was typically vague and empty of any real meaning. But all things considered, the service reflected very well on the RCMP and the country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home