keaimato

Canadian, U.S., and international politics; and life in general. Heck, whatever strikes my fancy...

Monday, June 06, 2005

A little off base

The Ottawa Citizen makes some good points I meant to make last week after watching the House of Commons (I know - I'm different). Liberal MP Don Boudria got up on a point of privilege complaining that a "christian" group had put up a website with a domain name very much his own, and was using this tactic on a number of MPs who support changing the definition of marriage. There was also mention of the vast number of faxes being received on the issue. Anyway, there was this fantastic exchange:

Mr. Jason Kenney: I understand my hon. friend opposite is learned with respect to parliamentary procedure but I must infer from his remarks that he is stupefiedly ignorant about the commercial practices on the Internet.

The Speaker: Honestly, the hon. member for Calgary Southeast need not suggest that any hon. member of this House is ignorant.

Mr. Jason Kenney: Mr. Speaker, of the Internet.

The Speaker: That does not make it better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home